Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Idea for Older Children

Home Evening just didn't happen this week. Both boys and I are sick and hubby is out of town. But, a sister from our ward posted in our Relief Society's Facebook page a great idea for Home Evening (although my kiddos are probably a bit too young).

Here is her privacy edited post:

I just wanted to let you know about this neat opportunity tonight! Brother M will be sworn in tonight at 6pm at B City Hall as a new city councilman! I think it would be awesome for him to have some support from our ward family! Our family is attending and we're making it our FHE for tonight (my scouts are wearing their uniforms, too :)).
If you have an 11 Year old Scout or Boy Scout, attending will pass off a requirement for Citizenship in the Community, which is the merit badge they are working on this month.
If you have a Wolf Cub Scout, attending will pass off Requirement 4F.
I do not have a Webelos book to look at, but I bet there are some requirements that this can go towards.
Anyway, I just wanted to pass this along. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment